Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 30

Dear Diary,

Then people started to shout. There is another boat coming towards us! For a moment I thought it was Mum and Dad's boat. The men on the other boat are holding weapons! I realised that they are pirates. I hold Bibi closer to me. Several pirates jump onto our deck. I thought the smugglers would fight with the pirates, but instead, they shook hands with the pirates. Rashida thinks that they are abandoning us. She is right, they took all our money and wanted to run away. The pirates are very cruel. One of them drag a woman to the deck and took off their blankets and coats. I understood now. They are not looking for money, they are looking for girls without their parents. Bibi and Rashida are in trouble. Omar and I quickly helped them to disguise as boys. Then we practised football skills, hoping that nothing would happen to us. The pirate grinned. He tried to kick my football but failed and he fell down. He turned furious. He kicked me hard on my hips. It hurts a lot. I beg Bibi not to attack the pirates. She did not. Omar was holding her tightly. Rashida rubbed my hips. Tears began to trickle down my cheek. Finally the pirates are gone.
My hips are really painful but I felt grateful that we all are safe.
The smugglers had abandoned us.
We are all starving.
We are alone, in the middle of the ocean, a group of desperate people and three scared sailors.
I prayed hard.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home